Sunday, April 8, 2007

Approaching 50 and not liking it!

This approaching 50 thing has coincided with some big changes the last year in personal circumstances. Kind of a Perfect Storm of changes external and internal that have me wondering who the heck I am these days. My approach to life, the activities and people I used to find fulfilling, my outlook, they just aren't working for me very well. What's with that??!! Not happy with where I am, wanting to do some things differently but feeling like I'm not sure what those things would be.

Seismic shifts are rumbling within....so, I'm one for figuring out what stuff means so I can put some action behind it so I'm taking up blogging as something I would not have thought of before. Besides reflecting on what stuff means, I'm one to change some things up to see what happens.

I figure I'm not the only woman out there who looks and feels about 43 and yet is staring 50 in the face. I'm journaling about all of this anyway and thought making my thoughts public might yield some collective wisdom from the rest of you out there so I can cross this divide with, well, grace and Momentum!!!

Before reading this quote, just know I am by nature a sunny optimistic person....so the fact I came across this a few weeks back and it resonated is evidence of just how seismic the shifts feel:

Death of a Hired Man, Robert Frost:

"And nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope/so now and never any different"

The theme that keeps bubbling for me is creativity, wanting something concrete to show for my life that tells a story about me. More later.....

1 comment:

dawn said...

i hear you! marfa is weider than austin. change is so very hard but almost freeing. dawn