Monday, May 14, 2007

The Secret at work

It is a little spooky how easily all this is falling into place. The video about The Secret is all the rage at the moment. A redo of the old Law Of Attraction but with slick marketing and production values. I think it is off in some ways but I do believe that once you commit to something on a deep level, opportunities begin appearing. And, boy, are they ever happening to me.

I signed a lease to rent my house this weekend. I answered an ad with a wish list describing my house and its location perfectly on our neighborhood listserv. Lo! a young couple replied to me with the serendipitous news that they had lived across the street from me until a couple of years ago (I didn't put the names together). They moved way out towards the lake but are building close in and need a place to live while they do that. So I get some good tenants and they are thrilled to live on their old street with the other 4 couples with a child under 18 mos. and golden retrievers or labs. Weird....

Add that to the ease with which I found a houseshare in another part of town with a pretty perfect set up and it's even weirder.....but that's not all!

I have had this crazy notion I want to do a documentary about women at 50 in transition. I know zip about making a documentary, I might as well say I wanted to be a rocket scientist. But, suddenly documentary makers are everywhere around me. Too numerous to even go into, but I have many resources for exploring this idea.

In fact, I've had so many other things going in the past week or two that the documentary has been on the back burner. So, the universe has given me a couple of nudges with the sister of a friend calling me to say a friend of hers who helped her make her movie and who makes documentaries is in town and would I like to go to lunch or dinner with them. Crazy. Not to mention a friend I haven't talked to in 3 or 4 years because he lives in Australia....his brother lives here and is, guess what, a videographer and maker of films and documentaries. Called me out of the blue over the weekend.

I am taking this as promising universe support.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Allison,
I enjoyed reading some of your blogs. You are so candid and insightful. I might add, very brave.
I keep a personal journal, but I don't want to make it public. Probably too much fear of criticism. In fact, that was the scariest part of starting painting 9 years ago. The thought of putting my personal expression on canvas where any casual viewer could rip it apart was a bit intimidating. I did it anyway, and don't regret it.
I hope you're doing well. Have you stopped working? I'm in Silver City, NM, where it's been sunny & warm every day.
Namaste,
Robert