Sunday, May 6, 2007

Out of the frying pan

I woke up this morning in a bit of panic at what I'm doing. At the heart of it is that, the excitement and thrill of setting out on a new adventure is very energizing, new people, new places, that is all a recipe for jazzing my sense of curiosity and discovery, my favorite things! But the underlying issues of: Who is this new me struggling to emerge? What is meaningful to me as I move into this new and significant decade? On what will I choose to expend my energy?....all those questions remain. And as yet, they are unanswered.

Changing location and external circumstance alone is not going to provide answers. I think on some level, I believed it would, but I'm having a sobering moment of realization that alas, it isn't. If only it would, that is much simpler than doing the internal digging to find those answers.

No comments: